Today is a writing day, so here’s my checklist of things to achieve.
1) See the family off the premises with lunch boxes, kit bags, homework books and the best smile I can manage considering I’m still half asleep and haven’t had a coffee yet. Check
2) Galumph around the living room- all knock-knees and red-faced huffing- to an old Rosemary Conley aerobics DVD. (For those of you unacquainted with the great lady’s work, she’s rather prim, English, with a steely grin and a no-nonsense manner. Imagine a hockey teacher at a private girl’s school in the nineteen-fifties.) Check.
3) Once undignified panting has ceased, brew a coffee and fire up the laptop. Check
4) Be distracted by today’s Blogging 101 task- inserting an image into a post. Check
5) Spend an hour searching for image, downloading, swearing, deleting, downloading again, until I’ve finally worked out how to insert an image and write some text so both will appear together. (Not technically on the checklist, but as it’s taken up so much of the morning, we may as well pop it in there.) Check
6) Stare at the keyboard and wait for inspiration to strike…
I’ll get back to you on that one.
Word of the day
Galumph- *move in a clumsy, ponderous or noisy manner. http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/galumph
*And the actual sound my body makes as I clomp around to Rosemary’s DVDs