Today, my first blog post for Mslexia has gone live.
Those of you who’ve read this blog before will be unsurprised to find the posts will include writing, monsters and my usual daft view on things. It’s particularly wonderful to be part of such an intelligent, respected magazine – to say I’m chuffed is an understatement.
For the next three months, I’ll be blogging about … Tell you what, why don’t you just read my pitch.
To become that most mythical and elusive of heroes – a successful author – you must conquer terrifying foes. As a blogger and novelist-in-training, I’ll share with readers practical ways to immobilise the Writing-Obstacle-Hydra’s many heads. These include:
- Time constraints. Trick! Overcome with cunning and sleight of hand.
- Lack of self-belief. Stifle! Slow smothering brings results.
- Money concerns. Blamo! Best acknowledged then ignored.
- Continued rejection. Plyers! Yank out its teeth.
- Fear of failure. Snap! Break the creature’s neck.
- Prevarication & distraction. Die! Die! Die! The hardest to kill.
- Family & friends. HALT! DO NOT CUT OFF THIS HEAD ‒ merely charm it.
So, if you stumble over any of these problems in your writing, pop along to Mslexia and we’ll thrash it out together. Why don’t you take a look anyway – it’s a great read.
P.S. Don’t forget your sword.
* Not included in my posts is the fact that this guest spot has helped me to overcome one of my own writing obstacles – getting my first professional writing job.
Many thanks to everyone at Mslexia.
Just in case you missed the link, here it is again.